Saturday 20 August 2016

Celebrating H.P. Lovecraft

This year, I did not forget it: today is H.P. Lovecraft's birthday. The master of cosmic horror and the writer responsible of some of the scariest reading experiences I've had. I discovered him mainly through the role-playing game Call of Cthulhu, inspired from his work. As we are getting closer and closer to Halloween, I suggest you read some of his short stories today to get yourself in the mood for the season and also to celebrate one of the greatest and most influential contributors to modern horror. And I put here the Great Old One, Chtulhu himself, to commemorate his creator's birthday. Even after being parodied and becoming a pop culture reference, his original self is still terrifying.

1 comment:

PJ said...

J'allais faire une tarte aux bleuets de toute façon, mais là il fallait avoir la crème glacée à la vanille pour faire honneur, ou horreur, à l'anniversaire du père de l'horreur cosmique.