Friday 2 December 2016

A cranberry cake

Christmas is coming, and businesses, local and other, offer more and more seasonal things. One of the new local cafés, the one that makes great original cakes (like that peach and mint one), now serve this one, with cranberries. I usually have cranberries as cranberry sauce, home made, with our Christmas roast. Nevertheless, they make great part of a dessert like this one. I had other cranberry cakes before, I remember my mum baking one that we finished in no time, my brothers and I. It is not a Christmas tradition like the bûche de Noël, but it's still nice and gives a nice Christmas look and taste to a plain white cake. And the acidic flavour of the cranberries mixes beautifully with the sweetness of the cake and icing. It tasted very much like Christmas.

1 comment:

Magic Love Crow said...

That looks so good!! Yummy!