Saturday 18 February 2017

Fiendish Fox

I took this picture at the York Castle Museum. Not my favourite museum, in York or elsewhere, But it is still a great place to be, if one wants to know about Yorkshire history and see a few interesting objects. Among them, a number of stuffed animals, including this fox' head. I love foxes, they are among my favourite wild animals. I love their fiery colours. This one looks unlike foxes I have seen live: he looks nasty, teeth showing ever so slightly, the nose up, as if he was smelling a prey. I often find that products of taxidermy have a dramatic look, showing them far scarier than in real life. I mentioned this earlier this year. It is the case of this fox head. It might be unintentional, but this fox looks downright fiendish. And, I must confess, I love it.

No comments: