Sunday 13 August 2017

Of guests and B&Bs

This door was the one leading our residence in Totnes, Devon, during our stay there. It was not a bed and breakfast, but it sort of illustrates my post, so I added it. We have not been in B&Bs since we moved in the town we live, and it was a hard enough time that it put us off B&Bs for a while. You can read more about it here and here. So I am not fond of B&Bs, yet recently for the first time in years we recommended to my parents and my brother PJ that they go for a bed and breakfast when they visit their grandson and nephew. Because the hotel my parents usually go to has new owners and is supposed to have taken a turn for the worse. And because there is a B&B near the town center that is supposed to be great. The ones we had gone to back then were more of the cheap kind and service was minimal. This would be the proper thing, for proper guests. I hope so anyway.

1 comment:

jaz@octoberfarm said...

i've had good luck and bad luck with b&b's. one of the worst being in montreal of all places. you just really need to do your research.